- Born: 18 December 1960, Kenhardt, Northern Cape.
- Married to Rowena Mandy (born Smith), a businesswoman.
- One child, Corinne Mandy, 27 years old.
- BA (Law) (1981) University of the Western Cape.
- LL.B (1983) University of the Western Cape.
- Advocate, Cape Bar (1984-1996).
- Chief State Law Adviser, Northern Cape Province in the Office of the Premier (1997 - 1999).
- Advocate, Northern Cape Society of Advocates (2000).
- Judge of the High Court, Northern Cape Division, Kimberley (May 2000 - November 2010).
- Judge of Appeal, Supreme Court of Appeal, Bloemfontein (1 December 2010 - present).
- Deputy Chairperson of the Rules Board for Courts of Law.
- Council Member, South African Judicial Education Institute (SAJEI).
- Council Member, Hugo de Groot Society, University of Pretoria.